These left me on the fence, but after much consideration, i decided that this was a good recipe… but I’m just not a huge fan of butterscotch. Next time i make these, i’m going to use Chocolate pudding, and I’m really looking forward to it. The recipe itself, is a keeper.
- Graham crackers (15 squares, or 30 little rectangles)
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 2 8 oz blocks of fat free cream cheese, softened.
- 3 cups of 1% milk
- 1/4 cup Splenda
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 small boxes of sugar free, instant butterscotch pudding
- 1 container of lite cool whip
- 1/2 tsp rum extract.
1. place graham crackers in food processor, and chop until finely crushed. Mix in a small bowl with melted butter. Press mixture evenly along the bottom of a 9×13 glass pan.
2. Mix cream cheese, 1/4 cup of milk, splenda, and sugar. Mix until smooth, and then spread evenly over graham cracker crust.
3. Mix remaining milk with packages of pudding, mixing until pudding begins to set. Spread pudding over the cream cheese layer.
4. In a clean bowl, mix coolwhip and rum extract until well blended. Spread cool whip mixture over top of pudding.
5. It is important to refrigerate this for at least 4 hours before serving. If you can afford to refrigerate overnight, that’s even better. The layers need to “set” and also, the rum extract needs a chance to marry with the cool whip. Otherwise, it tastes very strong.
6. Cut into 15 squares= 163 calories per serving
Approximately 4 weight watchers points per serving
*You can omit the sugar altogether with pretty good results. if you do, your calories will be 153 per serving. pp remain the same.